Another successful ducky day was had by plenty in attendance to show some love for FSNYC. Not to mention taste some incredible duck offerings from a dozen amateur and professional chefs. The range from Duck Mac & Cheese to Tacos to Charcuterie, the afternoon was a duck lover’s delight.
And after careful and difficult determination, the winners are:
- 1st Place, Judge’s Choice – Gramercy Tavern (Micah Mowrey and Andrew Gumpel), Duck Pastrami with Sunchokes & Aji Dulce Pepper Jam (need to confirm the names of the two chefs)
- 2nd Place, Judge’s Choice – Jamie Saurman, Confit of Cumin & Coriander Duck Legs
- 3rd Place, Judge’s Choice – Laura Luciano, Duck Confit Tart
- 1st Place, People’s Choice – John Bondurant, Dumpling ‘Blood’ a l’Orange
- 2nd Place, People’s Choice – Marina Berger, Roasted Duck in the Style of Porchetta
- 3rd Place, People’s Choice – Gramercy Tavern, Duck Pastrami with Sunchokes & Aji Dulce Pepper Jam
Additional photos will be posted on Facebook this week.