Leave it to the French to create a peasant dish that has so many variations that we can host an entire cook-off around it! Voilà, this Sunday’s 9th Annual Cassoulet Cook-Off (taking place from 1-4PM on January 15th… a few tickets remain here). We have an incredible line-up of new and returning chefs, and we’re adding our own lamb cassoulet to the menu this week, so you can enjoy this classic meal yourself through the end of the month. Pair with wine or spirits (or even your favorite craft beer). It’s hand-crafted loveliness!
Or join us this Sunday and sample an array of cassoulet styles from the following chefs:
- Noah Sheetz (former NY Governor’s Mansion chef), co-founder of Chefs’ Consortium
- Jimmy’s No. 43
- Grant Springer, Chefs’ Consortium
- Chef Michael Lapi, Chefs’ Consortium
- Chef Carolyn Wells, Chefs’ Consortium, who will be competing with a vegetarian cassoulet
Chefs Richie Biondo, 5 Napkin Burger
Peter Hudson, formerly French Roast, Nizza
- Chef Jesse Jones
- Tyler LaCorata, Still The One Distillery
- Ryan Burk of Angry Orchard ciders
- Tahisha Solages, Chefs’ Consortium
- Alana Szemer, who was last year’s people’s choice and judges’ winner in the traditional cassoulet category
A portion of the proceeds will benefit this year’s non-profit partner, Brooklyn Rescue Mission, a food pantry and community garden in Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn.