As we head into the holiday weekend, our eyes are looking ahead to September 6th, when we’ll return to Red Hook for the fifth annual Pig Island. But we’ve still got the holiday Labor Day weekend first, and we’ll be pouring some of our favorite end-of-summer brews to head into September with a splash.
Among some of the new beers we’ll be serving on draught this weekend are:
- *Troublesome Gose – a blend of two different beers, weighing in at 4.5% ABV: “The base beer is fermented with a wheat yeast strain and spiced with coriander, while the second beer is fermented solely with Lactobacillus which makes up about 20% of the volume.”
- *Scurry – a 5.3% dark altbier
- *”Bon Bon” 2 X TNT IIPA (double IPA) – an 8.2% ABV that’s dropping today (8/28)! We’ll have one of the first kegs.
- *Evil Giant Rye IPA – a 6.4% ABV American IPA
- *Hop Showers IPA – at 7.4% ABV, one of the best received new beers of the year