We’re only mid-way through Cider Week, and the best is yet to come. Tonight, we’ll be welcoming Eleanor Leger and the team from Eden’s Ice Ciders, and tomorrow we’ll have reps from Samuel Smith chatting about English Ciders.
Then as we head into the weekend, we have two awesome and different ticketed events no cider lover will want to miss. First up, it’s Reverend Nat’s Cider Seminary on Friday, November 13th where you can sample 20+ different ciders with “Rev.” Nat West leading a talk about west coast (and other) varieties of cider. For those who hunger for even more insider information, join in the amazing Cider Salon on Saturday, November 14th. The line-up for the day (ticket required – only $15 in advance or $20 at the door, which includes some samples plus all the programming below):
- 1PM – Jacob Lagoner with Embark Ciders will sample and talk about cask ciders, apple varieties and the evolution of cider making in his area of NY State
- 2PM – Cheese and Cider Sampling with Lauren McDowell (editor of CheeseRank) and Jahil Maplestone of Descendant Cider featuring Murray’s Cheese (and Descendant cask)
- 3PM – “Wild Apples” with cider makers Steve Selin and Andy Brennan (of Aaron Burr Ciders): A discussion of using foraged apples for cider recipes
- 4PM – “The Intersection of Beer and Cider” with Josh Bernstein and Eric West featuring West Coast Ciders from “Rev” Nat West of Reverend Nat’s Ciders
- 5PM – Apple Varieties with Loulou Spencer of Farnum Hill and Kevin Zielinski of EZ Orchards
- 6PM – Natural Wine and Cider Making with wine writer Alice Feiring and Andy Brennan
This event was listed as the #1 “Must Attend” event for the week by Cider Journal. Come in this week to celebrate cider and the real cider makers of NY State and beyond!