Date(s) - 10 Feb 2013
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Jimmy's No. 43
Category(ies) No Categories
We’re happy to bring back this event co-hosted with Chefs for the Marcellus. It’s another great cook-off event, this time with gumbo. This is one heck of a deal: $20 (cash, if you please, starting at noon) at the door gets you two hours (1-3 p.m.) of gumbo samples by professional and amateur chefs. This year’s participants include include:
- Mary Cleaver, Green Table;
- David Katleski, Empire Brewing;
- Tim Trobey, L & W Oyster;
- Nissa Pierson, Ger-Nis;
- Simon Glenn, Tchoup Shop;
- Jon Bratton, NYC Hot Sauce;
- Dave Miss;
- Paul Gerard, Exchange Alley;
- Michele Lamort (previous amateur winner);
- Adrian Ashby (previous amateur winner);
- Ron Carlson, Horseheads Beer;
- Deepak Ballamy, International Wings Factory;
- and Jimmy’s No 43 with additional entries TBD.
Judges will include Rozanne Gold (author and former chef for Mayor Ed Koch), Will Blunt (managing editor, Star Chefs), and one of our favorite food bloggers, Cathy Erway.
We’ll also have special beers to go with your gumbo (additional purchase), including Empire Brewing’s Black Magic Stout, White Aphro, and Empire IPA.
Regular bar/restaurant service will be available during this event.