Date / Time
Date(s) - Friday, Jun 20, 2014
Categories No Categories
PLEASE NOTE: ALL EVENTS ARE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC. REGULAR SERVICE IS AVAILABLE THROUGHOUT THIS VERY COOL THEMED WEEKEND. YOU DO NOT NEED TO BUY A TICKET TO ANYTHING EXCEPT MONDAY’S DINNER (YOU CAN PAY PER EVENT/A LA CARTE AT THE BAR). OR YOU CAN PURCHASE AN ALL-ACCESS PASS IF YOU WANT TO GET YOUR FULL CIDER PUCKER ON!
Get a mini-cider week just as the 2013 vintages are coming on the market and take advantage of this special online only offer for your all-inclusive ciderWICK™ Pass (details below)!
From Friday, June 20, through Monday, June 23, we’ll be hosting some of the northeast’s best cideries, with special guests from Aaron Burr (Andy Brennan will be doing a guided tasting on Saturday), Redbyrd, Hudson Valley Ciders, Crest Farm from Harvest Moon, Eden (with their latest ice cider), Grape & Greens, Naked Flock, Farnum Hill, Steampunk, and Enlightenment Wine, with others TBA.
We’ll be adding programming up until the weekend fest, but here’s what we have thus far:
- *Friday, June 20th: The Grand Tasting with Eden Ice Ciders. At 5 p.m. we will bring out the best hard ciders, fresh to market, including new ciders from Eden Ice Cidery. Use your ciderWICK™ pass (see below) or a la carte ticket here. Join Eleanor from Eden plus other cider luminaries who will be around to mix and mingle.
- Saturday, June 21st: We’ll have programming from noon until 8 p.m., with live music in the backroom in the evening. At 4 p.m., try our Cider Sampler (tickets here) and at 6 p.m. join Aaron Burr’s Andy Brennan for the Homebrew Hard Cider Panel ($20 at the door). Both are included in the ciderWICK™ pass or pay-as-you-go.
- Sunday, June 22nd: A sing-along in the backroom (expected to be mid-afternoon; exact time TBA), followed by a guided tasting with Redbyrd Ciders at 5 p.m., a NYC launch party! (Tickets here.)
- Plus various tastings with various cider makers, importers and reps: Steve Wood (Farnum Hill), others TBA.
To accommodate as many cider lovers as possible, there will be four options for participants:
- All-Access ciderWICK™ Pass: A limited number of online-only passes are being sold for $65 (buy here), which provides you with 10 ciders and access to all the weekend’s programming (your ciderWICK™ pass can be picked up any time after June 16 and may be used from Friday afternoon until Monday at 7 p.m.). This is a value of $150 and a genuine cider lover’s dream come true!
- Special ticketed tastings and panels (per above); a homebrew hard cider tasting and competition ($20 at the bar or free if you bring a growler of your homebrewed cider to share/sample); plus other panels TBA. NOTE: the ciderWICK™All-access pass includes this programming; no additional purchase for pass holders!
- Pay-as-you-go: From our grand tasting at 5 p.m. of the season’s newest (and most sought-after) ciders through our Sunday afternoon sing-along (we’ll have folk music in the backroom throughout ciderWICK™), you can always pay as you go and enjoy the Fest on your own schedule.
- A separately ticketed sit-down Prix Fixe Cider Dinner on Monday, June 23rd, at 7 p.m. Co-hosted by special cider luminary guest(s) TBA, the dinner will be curated by a guest chef and limited in number so that you can meet the cider makers in a more formal, sit-down service.
Purchase your ciderWICK Pass here (they will not be available at the door!).
We’ll have more details closer to the event weekend, but mark your calendars now for what’s sure to be the best cider event until this fall’s return of Cider Week!