It’s probably the worst kept secret at our East Village bar: We now have a liquor license! But just as we’ve always been careful to curate a great line-up of craft beer and ciders, we’re bringing that aesthetic to spirits. We’ll be offering a solid line-up of artisanal NY State spirits (with a few friends from Massachusetts and other regions thrown in for good measure). We’ll be offering drinks “neat” or on the rocks (no cocktails at this point).
Why the addition to our bar menu? Owner Jimmy Carbone has been keeping an eye on the emerging craft spirits scene and wanted to offer local distillers the same opportunities we’ve given to brewers and cider makers to reach a larger audience that really appreciates fine artisanal products.
“Quality spirits, especially from our home state of New York, are the perfect way to round out a meal and finish the night after a few good craft beers,” Jimmy notes. “We are proud to offer a specialty NY and indie spirits list: Whiskeys will be our specialty.”
And as we grow our whiskey program, you can enjoy the following spirits currently on our menu:
- *From Kings County Distillery: Moonshine Corn Whiskey, Bourbon
- *Astoria Distilling: Queens Courage “Old Tom” Gin
- *Breucklen Distilling: 77 Whiskey (both wheat and rye varietals)
- *Pine Barrents (Long Island): Single Malt Whiskey
- *Catskill Provisions (Fingerlakes region): New York Honey Whiskey
- *McKenzie (Fingerlakes): Pure Pot Still Whiskey, Rye
- *Berkshire Mountains Distillers (MA): Bourbon, New England Corn Whiskey
- *High West Whiskey (Utah): American Prairie Reserve
We’ll be incorporating spirits in to many of our upcoming events (including next Monday’s Cassoulet Wine Dinner, which will close with Calvados), and we hope to see you in spirit (you know we were going there!) soon!