If you have been waiting for the perfect dinner to join in on our Monday Night Prix Fixe Dinner series, we’ve got your ticket waiting for you! This Monday, May 6th, we’re having an incredible lineup with the return of Hitachino and Mr. Toshi Kiuchi, who will be providing beer and sake from his Japanese brewery. These libations will be paired with a Japanese fusion dinner curated by New York’s own Cathy Erway (Not Eating Out in NY). Just take a look at the menu:
- Bacon Katsu Steamed Bun with Napa Cabbage and Green Garlic Mayo – paired with Hitachino Nest Japanese Classic Ale
- Kinpira Parsnip and Celery Root with Sake and Black Sesame – paired with Hitachino Nest Ancient Nipponia
- Miso-Broiled Bluefish with Ohitashi Broccoli Rabe – paired with Kikusakari Tarusake
- Duck Congee with Shiitake Mushrooms and Pickles – paired with Hitachino Nest Red Rice Ale AND Kikusakari Red Rice Sake
- Adzuki Bean Ice Cream – paired with Hitachino Nest Ginger Brew
Jimmy’s No. 43 has a long history with Mr. Kiuchi. After the tsunami hit northern Japan in 2011, Jimmy worked with NYC brewers to raise funds for Japanese brewers affected by the devastation. Our Brewers 4 Brewers event raised over $15,000 that we gave directly to Mr. Kiuchi to drive recovery efforts among his beer brethren. Mr. Kiuchi always visits Jimmy’s No. 43 whenever he comes to the city, and we are happy to have him (and his beers) at this dinner.
In addition to Mr. Kiuchi, we’ll have special guest Steve Beaumont, who will be signing copies of his book, The World Atlas of Beer, and taking us on a virtual tour of Japan. We may even have a few special off-menu sakes available (last year Mr. Kiuchi brought several rare brews to Jimmy’s No. 43 for sampling).
You won’t find another sake dinner like this in the city this spring, so be sure to get your ticket ($45 + tax/gratuity) here before they sell out.