This week, we’re focusing on a unique group of brewers who are also making distilled spirits from their beers, and you can join us tomorrow (Wednesday, March 23rd) for “More than a Beer and a Shot” where you’ll sample five different beer-spirit pairings curated by George Flickinger of B. United Imports. Expected pairings for the evening:
- Aventinus spirit and Aventinus beer – Edelster aged in whiskey barrels
- Schlenkerla spirit and beer (rauchbier)
- Uerige (alt bier) spirit and beer
- Reissdorf Kolsch spirit and beer
- Hitachino spirit and beer – distilled Hitachino White ale aged in white oak barrels
Be sure to get your ticket ($35) here.
And if you prefer beer with a pork chaser, be sure to drop by on Thursday (March 24th) for our “Pig and Belgians Last Supper,” a five-beer pairing dinner featuring a whole roast pig! (Tickets are available here.) Artisanal Imports and co-host Alex Forbes will curate the beers (subject to last minute change):
- Trappe Witte
- St. Feuillien
- Wals Belo Sao Francisco
- B.O.M. Full Moon
- Cuvee des Jacobins Rouge or Cuvee des Jacobins Kriek
And speaking of the whole hog, we’ll have a Lechon Lunch option this Sunday (March 27th) for Easter.
It’s been a time of change with all these great food and beverage options, and as we approach the one-year mark of last year’s East Village explosion, we want to thank everyone for dropping by and offering your support. Cheers to Spring!