It’s almost here! The annual Cider Week NYC begins this Friday and we’ll have 10 full days of events beckoning cider lovers to come and hang out in our unofficial Cider Week “clubhouse.” Aside from meet-and-greets with great cider makers from all over the country, we’ll be featuring exclusive cask ciders that you won’t find anywhere else in the city, including casks from Blackduck, Descendant, Embark Craft Ciderworks and Eden Ice Ciders. Jimmy’s No. 43 is the place to be for exclusive cider tastings, classes and meet-and-greets starting this Friday, November 6th through Sunday, November 15th.
Already, several of our events are being hailed as “Must Attend” for the week, and if you’d like to participate to the fullest, we have a very small number off all-inclusive Super Cider Week NYC VIP Passes ($100 ticket available here).
Featured events include (unless otherwise noted, all events are pay-as-you-go):
Friday, November 6th – John Reynolds Sidra Cask Kick off Party for Cider Week NYC - We kick off Cider Week NYC with a very special cask from Blackduck Cidery. Come meet cidermaker John Reynolds and try his amazing Spanish-inspired still cider.
Saturday, November 7th – Two events: A Pig Butchering demo featuring J. Fox of Hudson & Charles (ticket required) and a Cider 101 Class with Foggy Ridge Cider Maker Diane Flynt. RSVP required
Tuesday, November 10th – Cider Cocktail Night featuring NY Apple Brandy and Meet the Author Darlene Hayes - We’ll have featured cider-based cocktails all night long plus all-NY-State Apple Brandy from Neversink Spirits.
Wednesday, November 11th – Cider Week NYC Cask Night and Meet the Cider Maker: Eden’s Eleanor Leger
Thursday, November 12th – English Cider Night with Sam Smith
Friday, November 13th – Sample 20+ different ciders (many from the west coat) during Reverend Nat’s Cider Seminary – Ticket required
- 1PM – Jacob Lagoner with Embark Cask Sampling will talk about cask ciders, apple varieties and the evolution of cider making in his area of NY State
- 2PM – Cheese and Cider Sampling with Lauren McDowell (editor of Cheese Rank) and Jahil Maplestone of Descendant Cider featuring Murray’s Cheese (and Descendant cask)
- 3PM – “Wild Apples” with cider makers Steve Selin and Andy Brennan: A discussion of using foraged apples for cider recipes
- 4PM – “The Intersection of Beer and Cider” with Josh Bernstein and Eric West featuring West Coast Ciders from “Rev” Nat West of Reverend Nat’s Ciders
- 5PM – Apple Varieties with Loulou Spencer of Farnum Hill and Kevin Zielinski of EZ Orchards
- 6PM – Natural Wine and Cider Making with wine writer Alice Feiring and Andy Brennan
Plus additional cheese and cider tastings on Fridays and a cider spin on our Lechon Pig brunch on Sundays (all our events are listed here).
Since the very first year of Cider Week NYC, Jimmy’s No. 43 is the place where you can expect to rub shoulders with the likes of cider makers from Aaron Burr, Eden Ice Ciders, Eve’s Cidery, Farnum Hill, and even west coast cider makers like Reverend Nat’s Cidery. We hope to see you living it up at the best place for cider – not just in NYC, but – in the country!
Unless otherwise noted, regular bar/restaurant service is available during the Cider Week NYC events. All programming/offerings subject to change/availability.