Jimmy’s No. 43 will be celebrating the return of NYC Beer Week (2/21-3/2) with a full line-up of events, including our featured craft beer program, NYC Brewers Choice, on February 26th from 6:00-9:30 p.m. (at the Wythe Hotel in Brooklyn – tickets on sale here). It’s our “better beer event” with 25+ brewers creating beers from local grains—we’re collaborating with GrowNYC’s Regional Grains Project—and 10 chefs providing food from restaurants as diverse as Reynard and Luke’s Lobster.
Here at our Craft Beer Bar & Kitchen, we’ll have tastings, dinners and pay-as-you-go options, including:
- Bacon & Belgians Prix Fixe Pairing with Artisanal Imports (Tuesday, 2/18, at 7 p.m.) - Call it our preview event. Join Alex Forbes for a six-beer, three-course whole hog pairing (yep, we’re roasting a pig… because that’s just how we do it at Jimmy’s No. 43). Alex will pick six perfect Belgian brews courtesy of Artisanal Imports. Be sure to get your tickets here, because we are limiting the number of seats for this one!
- Homebrew Sunday (Sunday, 2/23, from 1-4 p.m.) - This is a walk-around beer tasting reminiscent of Battle of the Belgians (see below). Co-curated by Connecticut’s Zoks Homebrew and Yankee Brew News’ Gregg Glaser, this event brings 12 of our sister state’s best homebrewers along with some of our favorite pro brews. You’ll have three hours of unlimited samples of beer and food. Get tickets/more details here.
- Bacon Nation Beer Dinner with Wandering Star Brewing (Monday, 2/24, at 7 p.m.) – A five-course beer pairing menu featuring beers from regional nano-breweries paired with pork dishes from Peter Kaminsky and Marie Rama’s Bacon Nation. Tickets on salehere.
- Classic Food & Beer Prix Fixe Pairings with Last Bottles (Tuesday, 2/25, at 7 p.m.) - Jimmy himself will be pulling from the cellar and pairing some of his favorite classic beer and food options. We won’t have a menu until a day or two ahead, but be sure to get your tickets now, as we are limiting the number of seats for this event.
- NYC Beer Night and Book Signing with Beer Union (Thursday, 2/24, from 4-9 p.m.) - Join Giancarlo and Sarah Annese as they launch their book, Beer Lover’s New York, for an industry night featuring a dozen of our favorite local breweries. It’s pay as you go, with details here.
Come to one event or join us for all. We can’t wait to celebrate NYC Beer Week!