We’ve been putting on some great beers for spring and fixing up our backroom for the season (check out the back bar!). We’re accepting reservations
for parties, small weddings, group dinners, corporate get-togethers and bachelor/ette parties. We’re loving the new vibe and updates as we celebrate #EastVillageLoves, part of a campaign to boost business in the East Village since the destruction from March.
And if you’re hanging out in the neighborhood, keep your eyes open for some celebrities who live nearby. We aren’t giving away addresses, but our friend’s a EV Grieve recently profiled Dame Helen Mirren
and why she loves the East Village (her home when she’s not in London). Dame Helen is up for a Tony this weekend, and we hope our “Queen of the East Village” wins!
Speaking of this weekend, seats remain for this Sunday’s (June 7th) five-course “Taiwanese Pub Dinner” celebrating the delicious cuisine of Taiwan! Not Eating Out
enthusiast Cathy Erway has a new cookbook, The Food of Taiwan
, which will be available for purchase (additional) at the event. Or just come for the family-style meal that will be prepared by the author and served in a unique and intimate gathering, co-sponsored by TAP NYC. Full menu and tickets can be found here
Finally, we have our beers of the week either on or coming up on draught:
- The Evil Twin / Beavertown (Robert Plant’s son Logan’s London-based brewery) collaboration XXX Beer, an Imperial British-style “Mild” Ale based on an 1839 British recipe and weighing in at a not-so-mild 9.5% ABV
- Folksbier Morning Dew “Hoppy Kölsch” (owner Jimmy Carbone coined the term after trying the Carton Boat Beer: “The style is similar to a Kölsch – lager-esque yet an ale. It’s easy drinking, but more hoppy, which doesn’t fit the traditional Kölsch style guidelines.”)
- Boogie Board Stuntz – another Kölsch collaboration beer between Brooklyn’s The Other Half and Maine’s Bunker Brewing
We think these are some of the nicest beers of the season, so we hope you’ll join us this week for a pint or two!
And don’t forget to stop by on Fridays from 3-8 when Jonathan White of Bobolink Dairy & Bakehouse drops by with cheese samples (free with beverage purchase), part of his weekly schlep to the city… hanging out with friends at Jimmy’s No. 43!
We’re very excited to be previewing a new kitchen menu that we’ll be launching later in June. We’ve been working with a “secret chef” to develop some very cool new dishes, including:
- Chicken Wings Adobo – slow-braised wings that are deep-fried to order, resulting in “melt off the bone” deliciousness
- Pork Spring Rolls – made with heritage pork and the freshest market veggies
- Pork Belly Taco with Thai Chili Lime Sauce
Can you guess who’s helping curate our new menu items? “Secret Chef” will be identified soon!
We’ll be rolling out more dishes as we get into summer, along with an expanded cocktail program. We’re also featuring a “Cocktail of the Week” for summer. This week we’re serving up El Jimador Palmoas made with El Jimador Tequila, jalapeno juice and grapefruit soda. Perfect effervescence for the hotter days.
And, of course, we’ll have a great lineup of beers on draught this week and into the weekend, including:
- Folksbier Morning Dew, a “hoppy Kölsch“
- Barrier Brewing’s Money IPA – one of our favorite India Pale Ales weighing in at a solid 7.3% ABV
- And we still have some of the Manhattan premiere of Boogie Board Stuntz – a Kölsch collaboration beer between Brooklyn’s The Other Half and Maine’s Bunker Brewing
We’ll also be pouring Farnum Hill by the glass for you cider lovers!
Among our events this week is tonight’s (Wednesday, 5/27) meet-and-greet fundraiser for Brooklyn Rescue Mission. And if you haven’t heard, Early Bird tickets for Pig Island (and first round of chefs) have been announced!
Hope to see you enjoying our new menu items and drinks this week at Jimmy’s No. 43!