We’re so excited to have Cider Week NYC return to October this year, and we have a week-plus of programming, bringing cider makers and their great beverage to Jimmy’s No. 43 during the annual event that takes place Friday, October 21st, through Sunday, October 30th. As in years past, we expect Jimmy’s No. 43 to be the hang-out spot for the many cider makers (and cider lovers) who visit the city each year during this 10-day celebration of great NY State (and beyond) ciders. We’ll have pop-up tastings and programming throughout the week, but among our featured events will include (all subject to change):
- A very special cask tap kick-off for Cider Week NYC at 5PM Friday, October 21st, with John Reyolds of Blackduck Cidery
- Porktoberfest from 12-4PM Saturday, October 22nd where we’ll have 20+ cider makers along with food, plenty of craft beer and a DJ spinning tunes (tickets here)
- A Meet Your Maker evening with Steve Wood of Farnum Hill Ciders on Monday, October 24th
- Guided Cider Tasting with Indian Ladder Farmstead Ciders’ Dietrich Gehring and Stuart Morris on Tuesday, October 25th
- A very special cask from Eden Cidery at 5PM Friday, October 28th, with Eleanor Leger
- 2nd Annual Cider Salon from 12-4PM Saturday, October 29th with various panels, tastings and cider experts
You can catch up on all our fall news by reading this month’s newsletter. Or get news delivered right to your inbox every month by signing up on the right —>.
Welcome back fall! We happen to love red wine when the days grow shorter and the temperatures give us energy anew! What better time to celebrate the grape than October and what better place than Jimmy’s No. 43 where we like to pair our Cabernets, Merlots and Table Reds with our Best Burger with a custom grind from Fleisher’s Craft Butchery.
We are offering special pours by the glass every Thursday this month starting tonight. So drop on by for red wine and burgers (or, you know, just the wine!). And if you prefer beer with your grass-fed beef, well we have a couple of autumn favorites on draught right now, including Crooked Stave’s Colorado Wild Sage, an unfiltered Zwicklbier from Catskill Brewery and two hoppy beers from Industrial Arts.
It may not feel like autumn just yet, but we’re super excited with the new breweries that are opening up in the region. We always have a great selection of rotating taps, and this is the season for fest beers, ciders on draft (be sure to check out our programming for next month’s Cider Week NYC) and new offerings from some recent launches:
- Our new favorite cider comes from Blackduck Cidery (we currently have their Dry Hopped cider on draft)
- Black Hog Brewing from Connecticut (you gotta try their Milk Stout on nitro! perfect for fall)
- Hofstetten Hochzeitsbier von 1810 (have a little Oktoberfest with this paired to something from our fall farmers market menu – pictured at right)
- Two brews from Jeff O’Neil’s new venture Industrial Arts
- We always offer something from Barrier Brewing
- Plus city beers from Other Half, LIC Beer Project and Interboro, among others
Sit at the bar or grab a table and enjoy the bounty of this fall season!