Every spring, our friends at B. United host an industry-only invite to their annual “Nepenthia” tasting, which brings in some of the world’s best brewers and their latest beers. Nepenthia is a fantasy name, derived from nepenthe, which in Greek mythology was an anti-depressant or cure for sorrow.
- Jeremy Luz of Beavertown Brewery (U.K.) and his Applelation, an 8.7% ABV apple Saison
- Birra del Borgo Italy’s Leonardo Di Vincenzo and Paolo Bertani with Perle ai Porci, a 5.5% ABV English Stout
- Giovanni Campari and Manuele Piccoli of Birrificio del Ducato (Italy) with Beersel Mattina, a 6.2% ABV farmhouse ale
- Makana Meadery (South Africa) – Garth Cambray pouring Iqhilika Dry mead, a honey-based wine aged in South African red wine barrels
- Domaine Dupont’s Jérôme Dupont (France) with two ciders: Pommeau and Bouche Brut du Normandie