We’re welcoming you, our Craft Beer Family, to drop by in the coming days to celebrate some of our favorite ciders and beers of the season. Starting with a Meet the Cider Maker Event (Thursday, 4/13 at 6PM) featuring John Reynolds of Blackduck Cidery to building up our spring beer list that will feature some of our favorite sour beers.
We have a long history of great sours, but it has taken awhile for the public to catch on to these amazing brews.
Owner Jimmy Carbone remembers: “Back in 2006, we had a Cantillon Geuze from Belgium, and no one bought it. Two years ago, we received another keg and sold out in under three hours. April Sours lets us hand-select some of the best domestic and European sours on the market for a single tasting event.”
So if Lambics, Goses and sour beers are your favorites for spring, be sure to get your tickets for our annual April Sours, taking place on Saturday, April 29th (tickets here). You’ll sample 20+ beers with plenty of food offered alongside.
And if you’re looking for more to do as April Sours bring forth May Brunches, here are some more themes and events “on tap” here at Jimmy’s No. 43:
- Cask Friday (Friday, April 14th, from 5PM) – tapping a cask of Fyne’s Maverick, a dark bitter from Scotland
- Tuesday, April 18th, we’re heading down to Hometown BBQ around 6PM for “A Brisket Talk” (email if you’d like to attend)
- Speaking of Brisket, on Wednesday, April 19th, we’ll be back in Brooklyn for Brisket King of NYC (the bar has regular service if you’re in the East Village)
- On Saturday, April 22nd, we’ll be welcoming Gabe Cook, the “Ciderologist,” from New Zealand (by way of the UK) for a cider-themed night (more details soon)
- On Wednesday, April 26th, we welcome back our friend Brad Japhe for “Botanicals and Beyond: The Spring of Gin” (tickets required)
- West Coast Craft Beer Pioneers Night featuring Sierra Nevada (Thursday, April 27th)
- April Sours on Saturday, April 29th
- On Sunday, May 7th, it’s another brunch featuring the Chefs Consortium
And if you want to know the fun you’re missing not stopping by, check out the latest from First We Feast, featuring one of our favorite Hot & Spicy people, Sean Evans, alongside Katerina Martinez of Lineup Brewing.
From sour to spice, we’ve got everything nice!