It’s our favorite month as April Sours returns! We always have a great list of sour beers, but April feels like a time to celebrate the delicate flavor profiles of lambics, geuzes, goses and saisons! And what do we like to pair with our sours? Why, our amazing Adobo chicken (it’ll melt in your mouth!). It’s our beer selection that keeps us on many of the city’s short lists of Best Beer Bars, and we hope to tempt you with a couple different sour beer events later this month:
- On Wednesday, April 27th, we’ll be welcoming Mike Siegel of Goose Island for an April Sours Beer Dinner (get tickets here) with four great beers paired to dishes like vegetarian Lumpia spring rolls, Duck Confit Banh Mi salad, pork or chicken Adobo and Banana Bread Pudding (with a Stout Caramel Sauce)
- On Saturday, April 30th, it’s our annual April Sours event with 30+ beers and food in a three-hour walk-around tasting (get your tickets here)
We’re also very excited about the emerging NY State cider scene and we’ll have several ciders in rotation on draft in addition to our regular extensive cider menu:
- Brooklyn Cider House’s Kinda Dry Cider – this local cidery (opening soon in Bushwick) has an orchard up in New Paltz and is making Basque-style sour ciders
- Indian Ladder Farm (currently we have the Perry on draft) – the orchard outside of Albany is also growing hops that are being sourced in beers made by Other Half and Threes
- Original Sin will be doing their new NY Cider can launch with us later this month
Ciders will be a key part of our drinks menu and off-site programming throughout the summer.
And if you’re hankering for spirits, be sure to drop in this evening (Wednesday, April 6) for a Mezcal sampling and try our signature cocktail of the week, a Bruxo Mezcal Smokey Pineapple Punch
Whether it’s sours or ciders, we’re puckering up this April!