Whether you like to wear beads and watch parades or just want a great New Orleans-themed dinner, well, once again Jimmy’s No. 43 has you covered as we march into the final days of the Mardi Gras celebration. We’ll have three chances for you to enjoy some very cool N’awlins events!
First up, on Sunday, is our annual Gumbo Cookoff to benefit Chefs of the Marcellus. This is one heck of a deal: $20 (cash, if you please, starting at noon) at the door gets you two hours (1-3 p.m.) of gumbo samples by professional and amateur chefs. This year’s participants include include:
- Mary Cleaver, Green Table;
- David Katleski, Empire Brewing;
- Tim Trobey, L & W Oyster;
- Nissa Pierson, Ger-Nis;
- Simon Glenn, Tchoup Shop;
- Jon Bratton, NYC Hot Sauce;
- Dave Miss;
- Paul Gerard, Exchange Alley;
- Michele Lamort (previous amateur winner);
- Adrian Ashby (previous amateur winner);
- Ron Carlson, Horseheads Beer;
- Deepak Ballamy, International Wings Factory;
- and Jimmy’s No 43 with additional entries TBD.
If you like our prix fixe dinners (and who doesn’t), you definitely do not want to miss out on our NOLA Mardi Gras Dinner, next Monday (2/11) at 7 p.m. We will pair with the best beers of Quebec (the Cajuns are descendants of French Canadians) and France. Our all-seafood (no meat!) menu will include:
- Baked Oysters with Creole Aioli paired with Thiriez Blonde (bottle);
- N’Awlins-Style BBQ Shrimp – sauteed head-on shrimp, finished with spice, creating a “bbq sauce” in the pan-served with crusty bread for dipping – paired with Theillier La Bavaisienne;
- Crayfish Gumbo paired with Dieu du Ciel Corne du Diabel;
- House Shrimp and Grits (no bacon!) paired with Bretagne Sant Erwann (bottles);
- Caramel bread pudding paired with Dieu du Ciel Solstice d’Hiver on draft for dessert!
Tickets are available here (this dinner will sell out, so get yours today!).
Finally, on Mardi Gras itself, we’ll have the New Tuesday Tasting ($20) with a seating at 7:30 p.m. (we start on the dot, so please be early) where we’ll feature some of the beers from Monday night’s dinner (with food available for purchase a la carte).
Regular service is available for these BYOBeads (we’ll have the beer!) Mardi Gras events.