We’ve had a great Cider Week thus far, and last night we had an amazing group of people hanging out after this week’s cider-focused episode of Beer Sessions Radio. Discussing everything from “gateway” ciders to fine/fancy ciders, cider experts Chris Lehault (of Serious Eats) and Gay Howard (of The United States of Cider) led a sold-out tasting of avowed fancy/fine cider fans!
- Eden’s new dry sparkling cider from Vermont made with Champagne yeast
- Redbyrd’s Wild Pippin, a single varietal available in NYC only at Jimmy’s No. 43
- Redbyrd’s Kingston Black varietal
- Massachusetts’ West County’s Kingston Black varietal from their 2009 harvest
- Farnum Hill’s Kingston Black reserve
- Plus a few special samples of West Coast’s EZ and Eve’s very rare “perry”
Didn’t make it in last night? No worries! There’s still plenty of great cider to drink as we reach the mid-way point of Cider Week NYC. Not only does Jimmy’s No. 43 have several exclusive ciders by the glass (including Redbyrd Cider’s Kingston Black), but we’ll have two of the premiere cider makers in the world in attendance at tonight’s Cider Makers’ Farm-Style Prix Fixe Dinner. Join Steve Wood of Farnum Hill Ciders for cider talk and a pass-around family-style dinner with six cider pairings (three from Farnum Hill and three from Eden’s Ice Ciders). The full menu and ticket link can be found here.
And this Friday at 4 p.m. we’re doing another ticketed guided tasting with the Cider Guide himself, Eric West! He’ll be putting together a selection of the best of Rowan Imports ciders from England, Spain, France, Germany and NY State. Tickets for Friday’s tasting are still on sale here.